Employee must be able to understand instructions whether they are written or verbal and follow said instructions. They are to complete their work with accuracy and efficiency. Responsible to comply with SQF and GMP practices and programs to ensure safe food and report food safety problems to those with authority to take action.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure conformance to BOM specifications.
- Verifies all equipment is clean and sanitized at the beginning and throughout the shift.
- Washes equipment, gondolas and racks
- Hangs, sausage, hot dogs and other meat products on racks
- Inserts meat into net
- Cuts or slices meat as required
- Loads tumbler
- Runs tumbler for required time.
- Transfers gondolas of tumbled meat to other production areas to be hung, netted or stuffed.
- Season’s meat and/or brine
- Ability to recognize defective products
- Ability to operate a pallet jack
- Ability to comprehend and follow all safety and GMP guidelines
- Ability to differentiate numbers
- Keep production area clean and organized throughout production shift.
- Load and unload items from machines, gondolas, and totes.
- Ability to push and pull racks of meat product
- Ability and willingness to work across various departments at request of supervisor
- Willing to work in hot, cold and wet conditions
- Ability to work with raw meat
- Ability to work with and around spices
- Ability to consistently lift up to 60 lbs.
- Ability to push/pull 400 lbs.