We are a team that has a passion of making safe, quality and good tasting meats. We value the skills, abilities, experience and backgrounds our employees bring, and we recognize our success depends upon the dedication of our employees. We currently have an open position for a smokehouse operator.
If you would like to join a company with a solid reputation and the ability to grow, come join our Courage Family!
The primary purpose of the Smokehouse Operator is to operate and monitor all smokehouse processes. The role of the Smokehouse Operator is to ensure the product is cooked in a safe and efficient manner to the highest possible quality.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Set up oven to the required program for each product
- Adhere to the cooking parameters for each product
- Coordinate with kitchen employees to load the product racks that need to be cooked
- Monitor the cooking process to prevent under-cooked or over-cooked product
- Insert temperature probes prior to cooking and cooling as required
- Unload oven racks from ovens when cook cycle is completed
- Record cooking/cooling times and temperatures in accordance with our HACCP plan and records
- Move cooked product racks to blast chill coolers after cooking to achieve required cooling times and temperature
- Move cooled product racks to holding cooler once product has achieved required temperature
- Weigh product after cooking and print rack tag